The Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control IPC Industry Masterclass is a half day workshop on infection prevention and control for industry partners. The purpose of this workshop is to bring together like-minded participants working in industry who are new to or have limited experience in infection prevention or control practices. This is an opportunity to learn more about basic infection prevention and control principles, and the drivers that impact upon governance, accreditation and safety and quality in healthcare.
This interactive workshop will offer plenty of opportunity for questions, discussion and networking with colleagues.
The Masterclass will be presented by our Education Officer Jackie Miley MSc, Cert IC, PG Cert PH, RN. Jackie has worked as a Senior Infection Control Practitioner, Nurse Manager, and Operating Room nurse and in Ireland, UK and Australia and has taught post graduate modules in Microbiology, Immunology, Infection Prevention and Control, Communicable Diseases, Health Promotion, Finance for Nurse Managers and Executives in Hong Kong and in the UK.
Individuals working in industry with and for corporate partners who are new to or have limited experience in infection prevention or control practices.
$545 pp and includes all catering & a certificate signed by the ACIPC President.
Key areas covered in the workshop are:
- Principles and foundations of infection prevention and control
- Case scenarios and group activities to discuss the practical application of these principles
- Influences on governance for infection prevention and control and antimicrobial resistance in Australia
- Recent changes to the requirements of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standard: Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-associated Infection
- Resources available to support infection prevention and control in Australia, including the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care
- Update on the work of the Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control
For my Australian colleagues and contacts, ACIPC is the foremost provider of quality, evidence-based IPC education and I commend this series to you.
Note: This educational workshop is open to attendance by staff of ACIPC’s corporate partners. All attendees have been charged a corporate registration fee and attendance does not imply or suggest endorsement by ACIPC or ACIPC members of any individual company, product, or service. Participants should not promote any specific product or service during this workshop. A list of companies represented will be published on the ACIPC website following the event. A certificate of participation signed by the College President will be provided to all participants.