ACIPC position statements
The College develops position statements on issues of importance to our members, our strategic direction and our vision. Position statements go through rigorous processes before publication including expert consultation by ACIPC Sub Committees and Board review and endorsement. Developed on the best available evidence, they provide clarification on College views and support best practice in IPC.
The ACIPC position statements are recommendations and should be viewed as suggestions to consider. We encourage individual healthcare facilities to review and implementation at their discretion. These documents are not a procedure, protocol, guideline, or policy and do not cover any implementation considerations. Broad in scope, they require local consideration and may or may not apply in particular settings.
- Credentialling for IPC professionals
- The role of the ICP in antimicrobial stewardship
- Mandatory hand hygiene training
- Single use items – UNDER REVIEW
- IPC workforce guidance
- ACCN and ACIPC position statement on facilitating next-of-kin presence for patients dying from COVID-19 in the ICU (updated 2021)
- ACIPC letter to ACSQHC requesting indefinite postponement of hand hygiene audits to ensure IPC resources are available to meet ongoing COVID-19 challenges
- ASID ACIPC Joint Statement COVID-19 and detainees – recommendation for action
- Equality, respect and marriage equality