Previous Research Grants
Early Research Grant
- Dr Gillian Ray-Barruel
- “I-DECIDED: a clinical decision making tool for improving peripheral intravenous catheter assessment and safe removal in hospitals.”
- A link to the project can be found here: http://www.avatargroup.org.au/i-decided.html.
Early Career Research Grant
- $12,000 Ms Julie Flynn, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- “Evaluating effective decontamination methods for needleless connectors: A pilot randomised control study”
- $7,625, Ms Oyebola Fasugba, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine (Signadou Campus), Faculty of Health Sciences, Australian Catholic University
- “A systematic review and meta-analysis of the effectiveness of antiseptics for meatal cleaning for the prevention of urinary tract infections associated with indwelling urinary catheters”
- $10,145, Dr Peta-Anne Zimmerman, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Griffith University.
- “No time for losers: producing infection control champions in the healthcare setting”