ACIPC periodically provides research funding opportunities for members. The Board is currently reviewing opportunities for research funding and will update members once further information is available.
In the meantime, members can email the office on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you wish to provide an outline proposal. Any outlines will be for informational purposes only; formal submissions will be required when guidelines are finalised. We suggest youprovide the information detailed in the Research Access Scheme Proposal requirements (see below).
Scholarships & Awards
Please visit Scholarships and Awards page for further opportunities for ACIPC Members.
Research Access Scheme
The College encourages and welcomes original and innovative research in infection prevention and control. The Research Access Scheme has been developed to assist researchers who wish to contact the College’s members to recruit participants for research purposes. It is the role of the research committee is to ensure the details of members are secure and to ensure the proposed research aligns with the College’s purpose and aims. The Research Committee will review the research proposal and accompanying ethics applications.
Approval to use this scheme does not mean the College endorses or is a formal partner in your research.
The College will notify members of approved research proposals via:
- Posting as a Research Proposal message on the Collge’s discussion forum, “Infexion Connexion” (no material regarding research activities is approved by the moderator without the Research Committee reviewing content first)
- As a current Research Proposal linked from the Research page on the College’s website
- As a ‘New Research Proposal’ news item on the College’s website. This will appear on the front page of the website for a minimum of two weeks.
- As a listing as a current Research Proposal in the monthly Members Update for two issues
Other options may be proposed by the researchers for consideration by the Research Committee.
Submitting a Proposal
All Research Access Scheme proposals need to be emailed to email@example.com. Please submit proposals as a single PDF.
Research Access Scheme Proposals
To access the Research Access Scheme, the following information must included in a proposal for review by the Research Committee. An Introductory letter including the title of the study and the investigators names, affiliations and qualifications
- Evidence that the research has received HREC approval. This is a requirement before any access to ACIPC members will be facilitated
- An outline of the study (no more than 1000 words) including:
- Research aim and objectives
- How the research will benefit infection prevention and control
- How the research will benefit ACIPC members
- Funding source(s), if any
- Expected completion date
- A description of the commitment, including time, expected from the participants
- Any other supporting the researchers believe will benefit the review process
- The content you wish to distribute to members (no more than 500 words) that includes information on the research, chief investigators name, contact details, information on how to participate (e.g. web links and email addresses) and other relevant information for potential participants
- Commercial entities – $1,100
- Non-commercial entities – $550
- Funded grants – $80
- Individuals (except for ACIPC members with no funding) – $30
The Research Committee reserves the right to review fees on an individual basis.
The researchers agree to include appropriate acknowledgement of the College in any publications or presentations generated from the research.