Please note, there were no research grant funding allocations for 2019/2020. This page will be updated for the 2021/2022 period and members will be notified as funding opportunities become available. Please visit Scholarships and Awards page for further opportunities for ACIPC Members.
Research Access Scheme Guidelines
Purpose: These guidelines have been developed to assist researchers who wish to access the College resources to recruit study participants for research purposes. The college encourages and welcomes original and innovative research in infection prevention and control.
It is the role of the research committee:
- To ensure that member details are secure
- To ensure the proposed research is in alignment with the College Mission and Goals
The Research Committee will review the research proposal and accompanying ethics applications.
Please note, approval to recruit participants using this scheme does not mean the College endorses, or is a formal partner, in your research.
Options available to Researchers to recruit study participants through the College:
- Provide content for the e-bulletin that is distributed to all members. This should include information on the research, chief investigators name, contact details, information on how to participate, URL links etc.
- Post content on the College list server “Infexion Connexion”. This should include information on the research, chief investigators name, contact details, information on how to participate, URL links etc. This list has over 500 subscribers. The moderator of “Infexion Connexion” will not post any material regarding research activities without the Research Committee reviewing content first. This provision is also contained in the rules of “Infexion Connexion”.
- Provide content to be posted for a defined period of time on the College website. This should include information on the research, chief investigators name, contact details, information on how to participate, URL links etc.
Other options may be proposed by the researchers to the Research Committee for consideration.
Fees associated with access*
- Commercial entities – $400
- Non-commercial entities – $200
- Funded grants – $80
- Individuals (except for ACIPC members with no funding) – $30
*The Research Committee reserves the right to review fees on an individual basis.
The Researchers agree to include appropriate acknowledgement of the College in any publications or presentations generated from the Research.
Other Research Proposals
In the event where researchers wish to approach the college for other research purposes, (e.g. partnerships), a formal letter outlining details of the proposal should be written to the Research Committee for consideration on a case by case basis.
Approval to recruit participants using this scheme does not mean the College endorses, or is a formal partner, in the research.