This course is designed to provide staff with the fundamental principles and concepts of infection prevention and control practice as they apply to various Aged Care settings in particular Residential and Community Aged Care settings.
This is a course for RNs and EN/EENs supporting Aged Care IPC Clinical Leads. This course is also suitable for Facility Managers needing up-to-date best-practice IPC knowledge and skills.
This course comprises of six modules of approximately 18 – 20 hours of self-directed learning units supported by a structured online curriculum. The course can be undertaken over a six-to-eight-week period and a certificate of completion will be issued to students who complete the course. There will be no exam.
If your staff members are wanting to become Aged Care IPC Clinical Leads, they will need to undertake the Foundations of Infection Prevention and Control course offered by the College.
- Increased quality and safety in care delivery
- Improved supervision and education of care workers
- Implementation of AMS and other IPC strategies
- Support for the IPC Clinical Leads and Facility/Clinical managers
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Management of the environment, resident and staff health
- Management of invasive devices, hygiene and aseptic techniques
- Management of outbreaks
- Organisms of significant AMS
- Governance and leadership
- $500 for ACIPC Members
- $500 for Non-Members
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.