The College offers a range of educational opportunities including workshops and professional development activities that are available to members and non-members. As the leading professional body for infection prevention and control in the Australasian region, all our education offerings are developed in collaboration with infection prevention and control experts, to ensure content is locally applicable, and reflects current evidence and best practice recommendations. Our workshops are facilitated by individuals with many years of experience in both infection prevention and control, and in facilitating high quality teaching and learning programs. The College is currently not offering face to face workshops.
Upcoming Education & Events
The College provides professional development to equip individuals and organisations with the skills and knowledge needed to deliver infection prevention and control services. Register for current and upcoming events.
The ACIPC Foundations of Infection Prevention and Control course provides a valuable pathway for further learning and is an important resource for those wishing to pursue a career as an Infection Control Professional.
HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Testing Discussion Course
We are excited to announce that the HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Testing Discussion Course will be delivered by ACIPC.
Online Short Course in Aged Care Settings
This course is designed for individuals from a variety of roles/professions working in an Aged Care Setting. It is recommended that participants have a background in nursing.
IPC in Aged Care Home Settings
This workshop series offers education focused on infection prevention in an aged care home setting. The informative and interactive program offers one or two-day workshop options suitable for anyone providing care to people living in aged care home environments or facilities.
IPC Industry Masterclass
The Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control IPC Industry Masterclass is a half day workshop on infection prevention and control for industry partners
ACIPC Education Committee
- Stephane Bouchoucha – Chair
- Michael Wishart – Committee Member
- Jan Forber – Committee Member
- Belinda Henderson – Committee Member
- Vanessa Sparke – Committee Member
- Janine Carrucan – Committee Member
- Matt Mason – Committee Member
- Jackie Miley – Committee Member | Education Manager
- Aseptic Technique Resources
- The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- The Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases (ASID)
- The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
- Immunise Australia
- Hand Hygiene Australia
- The Healthcare Infection Society (HIS)
- Asia Pacific Society of Infection Control (APSIC)
- Infection Prevention Society – UK (IPS)
- NZNO National Division of Infection Control Nurses
- Infection Control Guidelines – Dept. of Health and Ageing
- Infection Prevention and Control – Canada (IPAC)
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC)