The College offers a range of education courses, workshops and professional development activities that are available to members and non-members. As the leading professional body for infection prevention and control in the Australasian region, all our educational activities are developed in collaboration with infection prevention and control expert, to ensure content reflects current evidence and best practice recommendations. Our courses are facilitated by individuals with high-level IPC qualifications and many years of experience in both infection prevention and control.
Group Staff Bookings for FIPC
Visit the Aged Care page for the process for booking staff from Aged Care providers:
Course Booking Process
All individual bookings for education courses, including FIPC can be made online using the following process.
- Book your course using the form below.
- If you pay by credit card when booking, we will be able to allocate you a course starting date. You will be issued a tax invoice and you can send this to your accounts department.
- If you want to be invoiced, you can enter the billing details such as your organisation’s name and address, and an invoice will be sent to you. Include your own email address so that you can forward the invoice to your accounts department and ensure it is submitted correctly for payment.
- If you choose to be invoiced, you will need to ensure your accounts department sends us a remittance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive the remittance, we will reconcile the payment in our system and allocate you to a course.
- We allocate students to a course once you have paid and sent us a reconciliation.
- We are running all courses on demand; once you have paid, we can allocate your students a course and this will start as soon as possible.
Foundations of IPC
The ACIPC Foundations of Infection Prevention and Control course provides a valuable pathway for IPC learning and is an important resource for those wishing to pursue a career as an Infection Control Professional.
Short Course in Infection Prevention and Control in Aged Care Settings
This course is designed for individuals from a variety of roles/professions working in an aged care setting. It is recommended that participants have a background in nursing.
Blood Borne Virus Testing Course
This course is suitable for healthcare practitioners involved in undertaking HIV and Hepatitis testing in all healthcare settings including midwifery, acute care, community health, women’s health, correctional health, rural and remote health, refugee health, sexual health, and infection prevention and control practitioners.
IPC Industry Masterclass
The IPC Industry Masterclass is a half day workshop on infection prevention and control for industry partners.
IPC in Residential Aged Care Facility Settings
This workshop series offers education focused on infection prevention in a residential aged care facility setting. The informative and interactive program offers one or two-day workshop options suitable for anyone providing care to people living in aged care home environments or facilities.