We have now launched our Blood Borne Virus Testing Course (previously called the HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Testing Discussion Course) and the first groups of students commence on the 29 April and the 3 June.
The course has been designed for healthcare practitioners involved in undertaking testing in all healthcare settings including midwifery, acute care, community health, women’s health, correctional health, rural and remote health, refugee health, sexual health, and infection prevention and control practitioners.
During the course you will learn about:
- Epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Different tests available to correctly diagnose, testing intervals post exposure and window periods for testing
- Post incident pre- and post-test discussion for both the recipient and the source following the incident
- The personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Strategies and resources for effective health promotion and prevention education
- Basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
Course fee – $350
We currently have availability in our course commencing 1 July 2022. More information can be found here: https://www.acipc.org.au/education/blood-borne-virus-testing-course/