Monash Health is excited to announce a new Infection Prevention CNC position within the South East Public Health Unit (SEPHU).
This role will be supported by the Monash Health Infection Prevention team and is a clinical leadership role that includes:
- Providing expert infection prevention and control advice and support to the multi-disciplinary LPHU team
- Provide expert advice to support public health investigations into cases of transmission of infectious diseases in community settings but also in healthcare settings as required.
- Undertakes contact tracing, case coordination and outbreak management in addition to management of complex caseloads
- Contributes to educational materials related to infection prevention for relevant settings. This may involve participating in the education and training program for internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the implications of IPC in a broad public health context and contributes to strategic planning, performance, professional development, and service.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of work activities in accordance with legislative requirements, information security and privacy policies.
SEPHU is one of three metropolitan Public Health Units established to strengthen the public health response to COVID-19. SEPHU is responsible for COVID-related activities (case investigation, case management, contact tracing, clinical care, and outbreak management) in close collaboration with the Department of Health. In 2022, the unit will also be involved in the broader aspects of public health.
SEPHU is based at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton Campus, and works in partnership with Alfred Health and Peninsula Health in a unit responsible for approximately 1.5 million people in southeast of Melbourne.
As we build an inclusive unit that embraces diversity and difference, we are looking for an experienced Clinical Nursing lead who would add value across our operational reach.
This is a full-time ongoing position within SEPHU, working closely with the Monash Health Infection Prevention Team.
You have are an accomplished infection prevention consultant who has been developing your management and leadership skills; and you are ready to take this next step in your Career. You lead by example, thrive working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and are truly passionate about delivering a high standard of evidence-based nursing care to all patients. You are an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles.
You Are Also
- committed to a leadership & mentoring role
- dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care & patient advocacy
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
What You Need
- Postgraduate certification in Infection Prevention
- Demonstrated Infection Prevention clinical experience
- Current AHPRA registration
- Australian working rights
What We Offer
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 08/06/2022
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email – email@example.com.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement or your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, which can be accessed via MyGov.
More details can be found here: https://monashhealth.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?Id=HvmqhGb1gqM=&k=infection+prevention&E=0&C=0&J=0&P=0&I=0&L=0&jbc=ere