Join Australia Global Health Film Festival for a screening of Dear Future Children, followed by a Q&A panel. With special guest Dr Michelle Ananda-Rajah, MP for Higgins.
About this event
“A FILM ABOUT THE NEXT GENERATION, MADE BY THE NEXT GENERATION”
Dear Future Children is a documentary about young activism worldwide.
The project follows activists on the protests in Hong Kong against the Beijing-influenced administration under Carrie Lam, the protests in Chile against social inequality in the country and in Uganda at the local Fridays for Future protests and actions for climate justice.
With special guest Dr Michelle Ananda-Rajah, MP for Higgins, and an expert panel including:
- Franz Böhm | Film Director, Dear Future Children
- Dr Joanna Kyriakakis | Senior Lecturer. Castan Centre for Human Rights
- Professor Susan M Sawyer | Geoff and Helen Handbury Chair of Adolescent Health, University of Melbourne; Director, Centre for Adolescent Health Royal Children’s Hospital
- Stephanie Liow | Youth advocate for climate change, and sex education
Date: Thursday, 25 August 2022
Time: 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm AEST
Location: Palace Cinema Como, Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141
- 6:30pm Arrival and drinks (1x drink included in ticket!)
- 7:15pm Introduction to film
- 7.30pm Film commences, followed by an expert panel discussion and Q&A with the film director and guests.
To Register, please click this link: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/dear-future-children-australia-global-health-film-festival-tickets-390916912007
Contact the organiser to request a refund. Eventbrite’s fee is nonrefundable.
This event will adhere to strict COVIDSafe guidelines, as outlined in Guidance on safely hosting in-person events during peak COVID-19 transmission periods
This special screening is part of the inaugural Australia Global Health Film Festival, held in partnership with Global Health Film and the Australian Global Health Alliance, with special support from AFRAN, VicHealth, Monash University Malaysia, Nossal Institute for Global Health and the Australian National University.