Sydney Local Health District (SLHD) is seeking an enthusiastic Clinical Nurse Consultant to join our team at Concord Repatriation General Hospital!
Do you have current nursing registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) and post- graduate qualifications in Infection Control?
The Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 2 role includes:
- Responsibility for providing infection control and prevention assessment of Outbreaks in SLHD RACFs and developing recommendations to support the RACF in managing the Outbreak.
- The provision of education and advice regarding IPAC and infectious diseases to staff within RACF Outreach team, and to RACF staff.
- Collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders including SLHD Aged Health Executive team, RACF Outreach clinicians, IPC team, Public Health Unit (PHU), Infectious Diseases, Primary Health Network (PHN) and CEWD.
- Overseeing both quality activities and research projects with stakeholders.
- Assisting with IPAC service development and policy development.
- Previous experience working in an aged care setting would be highly regarded.
- The position will also require you to have excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal communication skills.
- You should be able to work autonomously or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- In addition, a high-level proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including EMR is essential for this position.
Applications are sought from experienced Registered Nurses to join the SLHD Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) Outreach team as part of the Infection Prevention and Control response team. The RACF IPC CNC will focus on managing Outbreaks in residential aged care facilities, along with overseeing both IPC education, quality projects, research and policy development. The RACF Outreach team provides a proactive, comprehensive, holistic, integrated, and specialised aged care service to residents of aged care facilities, in which the quality of care and safety of residents is central.
To be considered for this role you must have…
- Current nursing registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) and 5 years full time equivalent post registration experience, with at least 3 years full time equivalent experience in the specialty field.
- Holds approved postgraduate qualifications relevant to the specialty or such other qualifications or experience deemed appropriate.
- To be considered for this role you must also hold a NSW Driver License (P2 acceptable).
- Eligible employees can access a range of benefits such as:
What we offer
- Accrued Day Off (ADO)
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Fitness Passport
- Enjoy the ability to utilise the Concord Hospital staff gym
This is a Category A+ position. To be employed by NSW Health you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy (PD2020_017)
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW. Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. Please provide proof of booster vaccination if available.
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles within NSW Health. For more information, please visit: https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/
For further details on the role, please view the Position Description For enquiries, please contact Jodi Mcleod, email@example.com 0472 837 198
If you think this role is for you, then please address the selection criteria and submit your resume by the closing date.
Applications Close: 10 August 2022