The Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC) awards scholarships each year to financial members to reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with attending the ACIPC International Conference. The ACIPC International Conference Scholarship – Australia and New Zealand, provides registration for a number of ACIPC members to attend the Conference. Attendance at the conference will enable members with infection prevention and control responsibilities to acquire, develop and maintain knowledge and skills. It also provides the opportunity for members to network with colleagues working in infection prevention and control.
The 2023 Conference will be held in Adelaide, SA, from 12 to 15 November.
2023 Closing Date
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 August 2023. No late applications will be considered.
- be a financial member of ACIPC and have been a member for at least twelve months
- be a resident of Australia or New Zealand
- be employed in an infection prevention and control role or working in a field closely associated with infection prevention and control
- not be a director of the college
Application Process and Selection Criteria
Your application must include:
- The completed application form
- A brief covering letter that highlights your infection prevention and control activities and outlines how attendance at the conference will benefit your current practice, your longer-term goals, and your ongoing commitment to your area of practice
(Two A4 pages)
- A current, brief curriculum vitae highlighting your infection prevention and control experience
(Two A4 pages)
Scholarship Terms & Conditions
- The scholarships will be awarded to fifteen financial members
- The scholarships comprises one registration to the ACIPC International Conference
- Applications will be judged on the eligibility and selection criteria
- The successful applicants may be asked to participate in an interview that will be used on the College and conference website
- Applications are reviewed by the Scientific Conference Committee
- The decision of the Scientific Conference Committee is final
- The scholarships are not open to people whose registration is being funded through another grant or organisation.
- All applications are self-nominated to be completed by the applicant
- The scholarships are awarded for the current year only and cannot be transferred