Research, grants and scholarships committee
The purpose of the Research, Grants, and Scholarships Committee is to facilitate and promote IPC research and opportunities for funding for members.
- Review application processes for scholarships and grants
- Assess scholarship and grant applications, or seek and recommend suitable reviewers
- Review research requests received by members and external parties (for example, request to distribute surveys)
- Identify and recommend short, medium, and long-term research priorities for the College
- Review and update existing content on the ACIPC research webpage including the College Research Grant Scheme
The committee will:
- include a chair appointed by the executive management team of the board of directors. If required, the chair may nominate one of the members as deputy chair or co-chair.
- Include a minimum of six ACIPC members with the requisite skills and experience, for example:
- at least three members with Ph.D. or who are active researchers;
- at least three IPCs who have an interest in research;
- representation from different settings, for example, aged care, hospital section and office-based practice.
The members will:
- be appointed by written application to the chair of the committee with final approval by the board of directors;
- serve a two-year term and may seek reappointment (Appendix 1 Current Committee).
- attend a minimum of 75% of all scheduled meetings unless a leave of absence, or alternative arrangement, has been approved by the chair or a meeting has been cancelled.
Other people may be invited to attend the meetings at the request of the chair or other committee members to advise as necessary. Such individuals may have the right to audience, discussion, and/or debate, but shall have no voting right.
- Meetings are held monthly via Zoom on the last Tuesday of the month at 2 pm AEST or as advised.
- Meeting dates will be set by the office and send to members’ calendars prior to the following year.
- Rescheduling or cancellation of the meetings will be at the discretion of the chair.
- A quorum consists of one half of the membership of the committee plus one.
The chair of the committee (or delegate) is required to:
- provide a written report to the board of directors using an approved reporting template each month;
- provide a yearly report to be included in the ACIPC Annual Report AGM.
The office of ACIPC will provide secretariat support to the committee and action the following:
- preparation of agenda and notice of meeting;
- recording of minutes of the meetings;
- circulation of draft minutes from previous meeting to be circulated one week following the meeting.
Committee members are to maintain confidentiality on all issues discussed, and members’ applications. This requirement survives the termination or expiry of membership of the membership of the committee.
Conflict of interest
Members will at all times declare any actual/potential or perceived conflicts of interests and this will be noted in the minutes of the meeting. The chair will determine any action arising from any perceived conflicts of interest.
At the end of each financial year, the committee will undertake a self-assessment of performance as directed by the committee chair. This review will be tabled at an ACIPC Board meeting.
Review of the terms of reference
The committee must review the terms of reference each year.
Members of the Research, Grants and Scholarships Committee
Dr Peta-Anne Zimmerman
Professor Thea van de Mortel
Professor Brett Mitchell
Professor Philip Russo