- National HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) guidelines.
- MTAA and Alliance for Sharps Safety and needlestick prevention
- Media Statement Protocol - NEW; Glen's Story - New Link ;
- National Antimicrobial Prescribing Survey ( ACSQH)
- Claire Boardman Medal Inaugurated
- Participation in patient safety and HAI international survey
- More information about patient safety and HAI survey
- Nursing and Midwifery Board Position Statement - Nursing Specialties
As mentioned in previous EBs the college provided expert leadership on the Infection Prevention and Control Expert Advisory Group (IPCEAG) formed by the Office of the Chief Health Officer to provide evidence based infection prevention and control practice and protocols for priority communicable diseases in the Australian setting.
The document has now been endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on February 6th. Click here for the link to this document. The college also has representation on the newly established group to review the Commission Standards including Standard 3, exciting times ahead.
ACIPC member named as a 2015 SHEA International Ambassador.
Lesley Lewis, ACIPC member, and Executive Councillor, has been selected as one of 18 SHEA International Ambassadors. Lesley will attend the SHEA Spring 2015 Conference: Science Guiding Prevention, in Orlando, Florida in May 2015.
Congratulations Lesley from all our College Colleagues
Our corporate members so far this year include;
- Gold - Baxter, 3M, B Braun & Terumo.
- Silver- J & J and Whiteley Corporation.
The College appreciates the support and engagement with our corporate partners and looks forward to as successful year working with you.
Keynote Speakers - Conference 2015 - Hobart
International speakers are now confirmed for this year's conference to be held in Hobart.
ICP Education Oportunities
Want to know more about Ebola? MERS-Cov? MDR-TB? and be able to do more about the increasing global threats of healthcare-associated infection and communicable diseases?
Griffith University has the longest running and most successful tertiary infection prevention and control education program across Australasia, delivered for flexible external study.
Take the next step in specialised knowledge here.
Upcoming Member Events
We continue with a range of interesting events – face to face and on line.
- Vascular Access Update Webinar - Monday 30th March 6.30 - 8.30 AEDT. Sponsored by BioPatch. Tim Spencer, Vascular Access Consultant presenting .Click here for information and registration
- Qld Lunch and Learn Webinar Session 1st April - Dengue Fever & Hepatitis A. This webinar will be hosted at Princess Alexandra Hospital but available to anyone who wishes to log in as a webinar. Click here for more information and registration.
- LMI Special Interest Group. Click here to register for the April meeting on Friday 10th April at 1.00 pm Qld time. Click here for LMI Webpage.
- Calling all Writers - Medicine Today has extended an invitation to members who may wish to contribute to the journal. For further information please email Judy Passlow - Publisher/Editorial Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharps Webinar Series – Please note that due to unforseen circumstances this series has been postponed. More information will be posted when new dates are confirmed.
- ACT Infection Control Education Day - Friday 1st May. Guest speaker, Sue Ellen Kovak, a Queensland RN recently returned from Western Africa after volunteer work caring for patients with Ebolavirus Disease (EVD). Click here for more information and registration. Click here for promotional Flyer - feel free to copy and distribute widely.