- National HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) guidelines.
- MTAA and Alliance for Sharps Safety and needlestick prevention
- Media Statement Protocol - NEW; Glen's Story - New Link ;
- National Antimicrobial Prescribing Survey ( ACSQH)
- Claire Boardman Medal Inaugurated
- Participation in patient safety and HAI international survey
- More information about patient safety and HAI survey
- Nursing and Midwifery Board Position Statement - Nursing Specialties
As mentioned in previous EBs the college provided expert leadership on the Infection Prevention and Control Expert Advisory Group (IPCEAG) formed by the Office of the Chief Health Officer to provide evidence based infection prevention and control practice and protocols for priority communicable diseases in the Australian setting.
The document has now been endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on February 6th. Click here for the link to this document. The college also has representation on the newly established group to review the Commission Standards including Standard 3, exciting times ahead.
ACIPC member named as a 2015 SHEA International Ambassador.
Lesley Lewis, ACIPC member, and Executive Councillor, has been selected as one of 18 SHEA International Ambassadors. Lesley will attend the SHEA Spring 2015 Conference: Science Guiding Prevention, in Orlando, Florida in May 2015.
Congratulations Lesley from all our College Colleagues
Our corporate members so far this year include;
- Gold - Baxter, 3M, B Braun & Terumo.
- Silver- J & J and Whiteley Corporation.
The College appreciates the support and engagement with our corporate partners and looks forward to as successful year working with you.
Grants for Women in the Health Care Sector
In 2015 Women & Leadership Australia is administering a national initiative to support the development of female leaders across all sectors.
From March 2015 the initiative will provide women in the Health care sector with grants for leadership development. Click HERE for more information.
ICP Education Oportunities
Want to know more about Ebola? MERS-Cov? MDR-TB? and be able to do more about the increasing global threats of healthcare-associated infection and communicable diseases?
Griffith University has the longest running and most successful tertiary infection prevention and control education program across Australasia, delivered for flexible external study.
Take the next step in specialised knowledge here.
Upcoming Member Events
We continue with a range of interesting events – face to face and on line.
- Calling all Writers - Medicine Today has extended an invitation to members who may wish to contribute to the journal. For further information please email Judy Passlow - Publisher/Editorial Director on email@example.com
- Sharps Webinar Series – Please note that due to unforseen circumstances this series has been postponed. More information will be posted when new dates are confirmed.
- ACT Infection Control Education Day - Friday 1st May. Guest speaker, Sue Ellen Kovak, a Queensland RN recently returned from Western Africa after volunteer work caring for patients with Ebolavirus Disease (EVD). Click here for more information and registration. Click here for promotional Flyer - feel free to copy and distribute widely.
- 3M Marketing for Success Program – Now heading north! This highly successful workshop series comes to Townsville on Friday 14th August at Townsville Hospital. Click here for more information and registration.
- Lunch and Learn - Cholera - Update your knowledge and you don't have to leave your desk - Joel Douglas, Chief Scientist, Microbiology Department at the Princess Alexandra Hospital Laboratory, will present the session by webinar. Click here for more information and registration.
Foundations of Antimicrobial Stewardship for Nurses 30th June – 1 Day Face to Face Course. This one day workshop, held in conjunction with the Western Australian Therapeutics Advisory Group on 29th June, will cover the important role to be played by AMS in patient safety and what AMS means as a multidisciplinary quality improvement initiative. Participants will also learn how to be involved in implementation and running of an antimicrobial stewardship service. Click here for more information and registration._____________________________________________________________________________
Calling for Expressions of Interest - Policy Writer