- Jobs Board - NEW
- National HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) guidelines.
- MTAA and Alliance for Sharps Safety and needlestick prevention
- Media Statement Protocol - NEW; Glen's Story - New Link ;
- National Antimicrobial Prescribing Survey ( ACSQH)
- Claire Boardman Medal Inaugurated
- Participation in patient safety and HAI international survey
- More information about patient safety and HAI survey
Winter is nearly upon us and I’m sure this means many of you are busily administering your influenza vaccination campaigns, starting to think about winter bed strategies, and preparing to celebrate world hand hygiene day at the beginning of May.
I would like to draw your attention to my recent statement, on behalf of the College on Flu Vaccination - Click here for message. You may also have picked this up on our Twitter account as well – not familiar with Twitter – click here for some more info – why not join and follow the College?
The College has been busy organising many educational opportunities for members so please take the time to have a look at the upcoming sessions.
As many of our members reflect on the sad news of the passing of Judy Forrest who in the mid 90’s established one of the first infection prevention and control consultancy companies, Judy made a significant contribution to infection control in both NSW, Nationally and indeed Internationally.
Healthcare Infection Update
ACIPC’s Healthcare Infection Journal set to increase scope and readership. All members should have received notification last week from Associate Professor Brett Mitchell, Editor in Chief advising that the journal has been accepted for indexation in Web of Science, the proposed rebrand and transition of the Journal to an improved model and invitation to all members to contribute to this process via an on line survey. Click here for full text of email including survey link.
ICP Education Oportunities
Want to know more about Ebola? MERS-Cov? MDR-TB? and be able to do more about the increasing global threats of healthcare-associated infection and communicable diseases?
Griffith University has the longest running and most successful tertiary infection prevention and control education program across Australasia, delivered for flexible external study.
Take the next step in specialised knowledge here.
Call for Feedback - C.diff discussion paper.
- Calling all Writers - Medicine Today has extended an invitation to members who may wish to contribute to the journal. For further information please email Judy Passlow - Publisher/Editorial Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharps Webinar Series – Please note that due to unforseen circumstances this series has been postponed. More information will be posted when new dates are confirmed.
- 3M Marketing for Success Program – Now heading north! This highly successful workshop series comes to Townsville on Friday 14th August at Townsville Hospital. Click here for more information and registration.
- Lunch and Learn Webinar- Cholera - Wed 20th May. Update your knowledge and you don't have to leave your desk - Click here for more information and registration.
Calling for Expressions of Interest - Education Committee Members
College Assurance Mark Working Party - Expression of Interest
The EC is currently considering the possibility of creating an ACIPC Assurance process and possible logo identifying that the College has reviewed commercial products as complying with a set of criteria and then allowing a company to display an assurance mark of some kind.
The next step is to establish a working party to develop a formal proposal to EC that includes Terms of Reference, strategic objectives, a timeline for development of the mark, including any legal/regulatory issues and adoption by the College.
Expressions of Interest are sought from members who would be interested in joining this working party.Click here for the draft discussion paper. If you are interested please email Steve Burke, Operations Manager on email@example.com .
Grants for Women in the Health Care Sector
In 2015 Women & Leadership Australia is administering a national initiative to support the development of female leaders across all sectors. From March 2015 the initiative will provide women in the Health care sector with grants for leadership development. Click HERE for more information.