Let’s talk about mental health
The global pandemic continues to create new ways of living for us. Many people around the country are feeling the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and this can create a negative impact on our mental health.
Mental health is such an important aspect of our lives and it is okay to reach out and get support when we need to. Below is a helpful list of resources and hotlines that we hope will equip both yourself and your loved ones with the support needed throughout this difficult time.
New Zealand Crisis Hotlines
- Lifeline | 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
- The Lowdown | 0800 111 757 | www.thelowdown.co.nz
- Healthline | 0800 611 116
- Samaritans | 0800 726 66
Online Resources and Support
- Black Dog Institute – COVID-19 resources for health professionals
- Head to Health – Australian Government COVID-19 support
- Getting Through Together (NZ) – Whāia E Tātou Te Pae Tawhiti
- Pandemic Kindness Movement – supporting all health workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Essential Network (TEN) is an app developed for health care professionals to manage life and work through COVID-19
- Black Dog Institute – Accredited webinars for health professionals
- Melon is an outstanding NZ government app to help with mental health during Covid-19
- Health Promotion Coronavirus – Covid-19 VicHealth Resource Hub
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook – a tool to help you build resilience during difficult times
- The Lowdown is a direct and devoted resource to depression and anxiety in NZ
- Headspace Mindfulness for your everyday life
- Smiling Mind provides practical tools to support good mental health
- Mentemia Mentemia is an app that coaches mental wellbeing.