How do I join the list?
ACIPC members will be automatically subscribed to the list using the email address they joined the college with. It’s easy to opt out – simply email email@example.com or follow the unsubscribe links on the List.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge.
The Legal Stuff
Posting of content on the site by users does not constitute an endorsement or approval by the College. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. The College reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
If members have a commercial conflict of interest that relates to the posting, a statement to this effect should be included. In instances where a conflict has not been declared, the poster will be requested by the ACIPC Office for this to be included. If the poster does not agree to include such a statement, the information will not be posted on Infexion Connexion.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location. Include any conflict of interest which might relate to the topic of the posting. This might include funding to the member by industry or product manufacturers for advice, or as a retainer.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead contact the ACIPC Office.
These should be submitted to the College’s journal, Infection, Disease and Health for publication, which will allow for the usual processes to be instituted for debate. Commercial messages will not be posted on the discussion list. If, in response to a specific query, members wish to nominate particular products or commercial resources, reply directly to the individual enquirer only if you believe it would be of assistance. Community member contact information for the purpose of sharing with any third party is a breach of privacy legislation and is not allowed under these guidelines. An example would be the collection and provision of member data to a third party for the purposes of targeting invitations to a conference, educational or promotional event.