Expressions of Interest are Now Open
We are excited to announce ACIPC will be delivering the HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Testing Discussion Course. The course will commence in late 2021 or early 2022.
This course was previously delivered by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at the La Trobe University.
This course is suitable for healthcare practitioners involved in undertaking HIV and Hepatitis testing in all healthcare settings including midwifery, acute care, community health, women’s health, correctional health, rural and remote health, refugee health, sexual health, and infection prevention and control practitioners.
Students will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre- and post-test discussion. In particular they will:
- Gain a working knowledge of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Refresh their knowledge on the different tests available to correctly diagnose HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C, testing intervals post, exposure and window periods for testing
- Consolidate their understanding of post incident pre- and post-test discussion for both the recipient and the source following the incident.
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective health promotion and prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
The course will be delivered online.
The cost of this course is to be confirmed.
More details will be updated shortly. In the meantime, if you do have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org