Education and professional development committee
The Education Committee will work to support the Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC) Board of Directors to achieve the relevant Strategic Action Priority Areas.
- Develop priorities for education activities offered and conducted by the College
- Work in collaboration with the ACIPC Education Manager to ensure that an ongoing schedule of contemporary and informative educational activities, approved by the Board of Directors, is advertised, conducted and evaluated on an annual basis;
- Work in collaboration with the ACIPC Education Manager to ensure that any material developed on behalf of ACIPC is current, and meet AQF standards;
- To conduct, every two years, a review of policies, procedures and course learning outcomes for any courses developed by ACIPC to ensure they meet the required AQF level and maintained the AQF level as developed.
The committee will consist of a chair and up to six members with the requisite skills and experience.
- The chair of the committee is a board director appointed by the executive management team. if required, the chair may nominate one of the members as deputy chair or co-chair.
- Members are appointed by written application to the chair of the committee with final approval by the board of directors.
- Members serve a term of two years and may seek reappointment (Appendix 1 Current Committee).
- Members are required to attend a minimum of 75% of all scheduled meetings unless a leave of absence, or alternative arrangement, has been approved by the chair or there is a cancellation of the meeting, which will be at the discretion of the chair.
- Meetings are held monthly via Zoom on the last Tuesday of the month at 2 pm AEST or as advised.
- Meeting dates will be set by the office and send to members’ calendars prior to the following year.
- Rescheduling or cancellation of the meetings will be at the discretion of the chair.
- A quorum consists of one half of the membership of the committee plus one.
The chair of the committee (or delegate) is required to:
- provide a written report to the board of directors using an approved reporting template each month;
- provide a yearly report to be included in the ACIPC Annual Report AGM.
The office of ACIPC will provide secretariat support to the committee and action the following:
- preparation of agenda and notice of meeting;
- recording of minutes of the meetings;
- circulation of draft minutes from the previous meeting to be circulated one week following the meeting.
Committee members are to maintain confidentiality on all issues discussed, and members’ applications. This requirement survives the termination or expiry of membership of the membership of the committee.
Conflict of interest
Members will at all times declare any actual/potential or perceived conflicts of interests and this will be noted in the minutes of the meeting. The chair will determine any action arising from any perceived conflicts of interest.
Review of the terms of reference
The Committee must review the terms of reference each year.
Members of the Education and Professional Development Committee
Assoc. Prof. Stéphane Bouchoucha (ACIPC President-Elect)
Vanessa Sparke (Co-chair)
Jackie Miley (Education Manager)