ACIPC urges all members to be regularly updated on COVID-19 developments. Below we have provided a number of links to Commonwealth and state and territory information and other relevant sites. Whilst there are multiple online resources available, we have provided those deemed to be most relevant.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units is now available on the Commonwealth website
- Australian Government – Department of Health
- Australian States and Territories – ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA
- New Zealand Government – Ministry of Health
- Australian Government Coronavirus Health Information Line – 1800 020 080 – the line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Real time mapping of cases and deaths COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- Understand the global situation WHO
- WHO advice for the public
- Guidelines on the rights of people with disability in health and disability care during COVID-19
- Health and Community Law Alert: 2019 novel coronavirus & infectious diseases: what health, disability and aged care providers can do
- The use of face masks and respirators in the context of COVID-19; and
- Guidance on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in hospitals during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare has developed a number of resources which are available here. Two of these resources set out specific requirements in relation to infection prevention and control and COVID-19:
- Infection Prevention and Control COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment
- Special precautions for COVID-19 Designated Zones
Posters are also available to promote infection prevention and control in the COVID-19 environment and illustrate the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) under current circumstances. Here are the links to download the posters: