Work Unit/Facility Location: Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS)
Metro North Hospital and Health Service is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering the best care by the brightest healthcare professionals.
Two of our five hospitals – Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) and The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) – are tertiary/quaternary referral hospitals, providing state-wide super specialty services, such as heart and lung transplantation and burns treatment. Redcliffe and Caboolture are major secondary hospitals, and Kilcoy is a regional community hospital.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to executive and relevant committees and forums in relation to infection control and sterilisation practice, policy and standards.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and application of contemporary nursing/midwifery practice and theory and accountability for outcomes and achievement of service performance targets for CSU in accordance with national standards for infection control and sterilisation.
- Work collaboratively with peers and others to create a positive practice environment that supports the efficient and effective provision of care to achieve optimal patient outcomes for recipients of healthcare services.
- Monitor standards of nursing/midwifery practice and nurse sensitive indicators, and lead quality improvement activities, research, and education in alignment with the CSU, and nursing and midwifery professional stream strategic direction to ensure high standard of consumer/person centred care.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with and evidence of mandatory competency-based training with regulatory standards AS 4187 (2014) and National Safety and Quality in Healthcare Standards; Standard 3 – Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infections
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the Role Description on SmartJobs.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro North employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are to apply online. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application.
Job Ad Reference STR389124
Closing Date Monday, 18th October 2021