An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Registered Nurse to provide leadership and direction in Infection Control practices at Newcastle Private Hospital.
The position is responsible for providing leadership and direction in prevention and control of healthcare associated infections in an acute facility.
Newcastle Private Hospital is the largest private hospital in regional NSW. With a focus on continual quality improvement and performance outcomes, we offer the highest standards of health care and technology.
This Infection Control portfolio will complement the strategic direction, daily operational processes and ensure the continued achievement of Accreditation for the hospital /facility.
This will be achieved through:
- Coordinating and managing the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Infection Control procedures, practices and standards
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure contemporary infection control practices are maintained
- Leading relevant Hospital Committees – Infection Control and Anti-Microbial Stewardship
- Membership of the Healthscope Infection Control Working Party
- Collecting, collating and analysing infection control data, key performance indicators (KPIs) and ACHS clinical indicators.
We are seeking a motivated leader who can support and guide all staff in all aspects of infection prevention, management and control in an acute hospital setting – 32 hours/week
- Registered Nurse with current APHRA Registration
- Certificate or Diploma in Sterilisation and Infection Control (or evidence of currently working towards achievement)
- Recent experience in an acute hospital as an Infection Control officer
- Extensive knowledge of National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSHSQ) Standards, specifically Standard 3 Preventing and Controlling Healthcare Associated Infection
- Proven auditing and report writing skills
- Immunisation certificate (or evidence of currently working towards achievement)
- Accredited Hand Hygiene Assessor
Enquiries to: Mary McGowan – Acting Director of Nursing 02 – 4941 8712