Work in Tasmania’s leading private hospitals. Hobart Private Hospital and St Helens Private Hospital have been providing the highest quality of care to the local community for over 20 years. We offer state of the art equipment in a world class facility and diverse and friendly teams. What’s more, with the highest pay rate in all of Tasmania, flexible working arrangements and support for continued education, you’ll be sure to further your career.
Located in the heart of Hobart CBD, you’ll be living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world that not only lets you thrive professionally, but also personally. Hobart Private is a stone’s throw from everything you need and more. So if you’re wanting all the perks of an inner-city lifestyle without hefty living expenses and the hustle and bustle of the mainland, a move to Hobart could be what you’ve been waiting for.
Hobart Private Hospital and St Helens Private Hospital are seeking a part-time Infection Control Coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills and professional competence in infection prevention and control to join our team.
Hobart Private Hospital is a fully accredited facility with 146 beds co-located with the Royal Hobart Hospital in the heart of the city. Hobart Private Hospital provides Emergency Services, Angiography and Cardiac Services, Maternity, Medical, Surgical, Day Surgery and Endoscopy.
St Helens Private Hospital is a fully accredited mental health facility with 42 beds providing multidisciplinary services for adult mental health as well as mother and baby services. Electroconvulsive therapy and Transmagnetic stimulation are also provided on site.
As an Infection Control Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and managing the implementation of current Infection Prevention and Control Standards
- Monitoring and evaluation of Infection Prevention and Control procedures, practices and standards
- Working with the Executive, VMO, managers and members of multidisciplinary teams
- Participating in relevant committees, and the National Healthscope Infection Control Cluster
- Collecting, collating and analysing identified statistical data and trends
- Complying with relevant legislative requirements.
- Compliance with key performance indicators (KPIs), Infection prevention and Control ACHS clinical indicators.
- Policy review and development, staff education and adverse incident reporting and investigations.
- Manage the Anti-microbial Stewardship and Hand Hygiene programs including training of staff and reporting of data
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years Post Graduate Experience
- Working with Children check
- Certificate or Diploma Infection Prevention and Control (or evidence of currently working towards achievement)
- Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- Good clinical decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and collegially with department managers
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to write reports and collate and analyze statistical information
- Ability to assess and implement change as identified
- Ability to work collegially with the Departmental Managers
- Professional development in Infection Prevention and Control
- Immunisation certificate or working towards
- Gold Standard Auditor for NHHI
For further enquiries and to apply: Dimity White, Director of Nursing – telephone 03 62 143381 or via email Dimity.White@healthscope.com.au
Applications close: Sunday 22 August 2021. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.