About COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria
COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria (CQV) is responsible for Victoria’s COVID-19 accommodation response, including quarantine for returned overseas travellers and emergency accommodation for people unable to safely isolate in their homes.
Infection prevention and control is our primary objective and is supported by a proud and committed workforce across frontline operations and corporate functions. Together, we work hard to keep Victorian’s safe during this global pandemic.
About the role
A newly created role within CQV’s Administrative Office, the General Manager, Education (Infection Prevention and Control) will provide strategic leadership and guidance leveraging expertise and experience in clinical education to develop, implement and evaluate IPC training programs across the organisation.
Supporting a team of Regional Managers and specialists, the General Manager, Education (IPC) will ensure effective use of staff resources to maintain a culture of financial responsibility whilst demonstrating behaviours reinforcing the highest levels of adherence to IPC policy and procedures, focused on reducing and eliminating infection risk amongst staff and residents within the program.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and evaluate IPC training across all facilities including, but not limited to, quarantine hotels, domestic and international airports
- Deliver a program of education and training that responds to data and themes from audits, incidents, evidence and the latest research
- Undertake evaluations of educational programs being delivered, including auditing and reporting of data against KPIs and desired outcomes of the CQV Infection Prevention and Control framework
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders including CQV accommodation and airport Site Managers, consultants, health service providers and DH Public Health teams
- Lead and manage the interface between a multidisciplinary team across operations, health staff, Victoria Police and the Australian Defence Force
This is a pivotal role within a dynamic, constantly changing environment. It is anticipated the successful candidate will offer:
- A background in health or allied health supported by formal experience delivering training in a tertiary education or healthcare environment
- The ability to understand research, ensuring evidence-based training outcomes
- Clearly demonstrable leadership qualities including the capacity to drive behavioural change through robust working relationships
- A sound understanding of contemporary adult education theories, principles and models
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
You will need to be vaccinated for coronavirus, remain compliant with IPC procedures in place including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (and therefore being clean shaven) and participating in staff COVID-19 testing. Out of hours contact, and weekend work, will be required from time to time.
Working At Covid-19 Quarantine Victoria
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring our workplaces reflect the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits a diverse and inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability and others from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks, which may include work eligibility and national police checks.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or for a confidential discussion, please call Warren from the CQV Recruitment Team on 0457 553 437.