About COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria
Quarantine Victoria (CQV) is responsible for Victoria’s COVID-19 accommodation response, including quarantine for returned overseas travellers and emergency accommodation for people unable to safely isolate in their homes.
Infection prevention and control is our primary objective and is supported by a proud and committed workforce across frontline operations and corporate functions. Together, we work hard to keep Victorian’s safe during this global pandemic.
About the role
A newly created role within CQV’s Administrative Office, the General Manager, Compliance and Assurance (Infection Prevention and Control) will provide strategic leadership and guidance to a comprehensive infection prevention and control (IPC) compliance and audit program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, IPC and supporting a team of Regional Managers and specialists, the General Manager, Compliance and Assurance (IPC) will champion a positive risk mitigation and health and safety culture where employees can deliver highest quality services within a safe work environment.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive IPC compliance and audit program
- Carry out risk analysis on compliance, identifying areas of risk and vulnerability and implementing appropriate solutions
- Undertake internal monitoring, including detailed thematic reviews and implementing strategic remedial action plans to present to IPC governance committees
- Provide strategic, authoritative advice to senior leadership on complex and sensitive corporate and operational matters, in support of executive decision making
- Proactively review and report on high priority issues, risks and trends and prepare and present strategic and conceptual ministerial briefs and cabinet submissions
This is an operationally critical role within a dynamic, constantly changing environment. Whilst previous experience in infection prevention and control is not required, it is anticipated the successful candidate will offer:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience leading the administration of regulatory frameworks in a complex, risk sensitive environment such as banking, mining, aviation or similar
- Clear leadership qualities with the ability to prioritise and maximise productive working relationships and drive behavioural change
- Recent experience in operational management and leading and improving operational systems
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline complimented with post graduate education or training
- Experience is a quality assurance and/or operations role will be highly regarded whilst exposure to a 24/7 operating environment is desirable
You will need to be vaccinated for coronavirus, remain compliant with IPC procedures in place including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (and therefore being clean shaven) and participating in staff COVID-19 testing. Out of hours contact, and weekend work, will be required from time to time.
Working At Covid-19 Quarantine Victoria
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring our workplaces reflect the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits a diverse and inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability and others from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks, which may include work eligibility and national police checks.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or for a confidential discussion, please call Warren from the CQV Recruitment Team on 0457 553 437.