Tired of big cities? How about a walk along the beach just before work?
Consider moving to North West Tasmania to experience wonderful beaches, mountains, world heritage listed national parks, hinterland villages, great food, wine and more. Living in Tasmania you will experience a temperate climate with four distinct seasons, world-renowned food and wine, wild and beautiful landscapes, a relaxed island lifestyle, and a fascinating history. Very affordable lifestyle with fantastic properties in idyllic locations at a fraction of the cost compared to Australia’s capital cities. Traffic jam is not a common term in North West Tasmania and you will have a great work life balance.
Are you passionate about developing people? Do you have an understanding of contemporary adult and workplace learning principles and approaches?
We are searching for someone who is able to build productive working relationship not only with staff, but with education providers.
For starters we are after a confident and capable Nurse who has excellent clinical and bedside skills. An understanding of the requirements of ongoing education and development of a health facility is critical.
Your communication skills must be top notch, in this role they will be your most important tools. The list of skills should be so long that we can’t list them all here, but if we had to pick a few it would be your ability to influence, inspire and ensure a clear message is delivered.
You must be able to design, develop, implement and evaluate education and training for nursing and midwifery staff to support and enhance their competency in areas critical to the organisation now and in the future.
The Role of the Clinical Nurse Educator – Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate infection control education programs.
- Promote and facilitate infection control workforce planning.
- Build capacity in conjunction with the IPC team, for quality improvement activities, to address unwarranted clinical variation.
- Liaise and consult with members of health care teams, in line with IPC policies, practices and legal requirements, to provide safe quality patient care
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointments
Permanent full time day work position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing ASAP
Base Salary: $102, 080 – $108, 528 per annum + 10% superannuation
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds a relevant qualification in an educational focused tertiary program
- Relevant IPC qualification, or working towards
- Current Drivers Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Applications close on June 5.
For More Information on this position:
Position: Executive Director of Nursing and Care Redesign
Phone: (03) 6478 5275
For more information and how to apply, please visit the below link:
Tasmanian Government Jobs (pageuppeople.com)