- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
- Permanent part time opportunity for an IPC professional, supporting both Calvary Launceston private hospitals
- Hourly rate $55.12
About the role
The Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of infection and prevention control practices across the two Calvary Launceston hospital sites – St Vincent’s and St Luke’s.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the IPC Manager holds a senior leadership position providing and promoting clinical and operational strategies to maximise patient, staff and visitor safety – through effective clinical governance and review, risk management, quality improvement and infection prevention and control systems.
This position works closely with all levels of staff, and external stakeholders including government departments and professional bodies.
What you bring
- AHPRA registration, and post graduate qualification in a related field i.e. Infection Prevention & Control
- Relevant experience in infection control practice within an acute care setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of the National Standards for Safety and Quality in Healthcare, relevant legislation, regulations and policies and procedures
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now via https://careers.calvarycare.org.au/jobs/infection-prevention-control-manager-launceston-tas-australia
Please note the following:
- Only applicants with a valid right to work in Australia will be considered.
- As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role
- Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.